Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!

Oh how I have been wanting to make a new post. I don't like waiting a month between posts. There seems to be too much to try to catch up on & way too many pictures I want to share.
So here goes.

We had a nice Christmas with Tommy's family in VA and MD.

Family of 4

Grandpa & Grandma with five kiddos 3 years & under

Will & Grace with their brothers
Taking a break watching cartoons

Christmas Eve - partners in crimeThe day after Christmas at Aunt Karen & Uncle Kurts'
It was great having Aunt Caren in town. I am so glad she was able to meet Kyle when he was still ity-bity and Will had a BLAST playing with her. He still thinks and talks about her often.


Kyle turned 2 months old on January 16th. He had his 2 month check up and everything is looking great. He is in the 75th-80th percentile for weight, height and head circumference. Woo-hoo, hopefully he can keep it up.

Kyle is a perfect baby. He eats and sleeps wonderfully. He has been sleeping for 4 hour periods (occasionally 5 hours) at night. Although last night he was up just about every 2 hours - not sure what happened there, but reminded me how lucky I have been the last 2 months.

He is such a little smiler too and tracks us as we walk around the room. He coos and is almost to the point where he'll laugh - won't be long now.
Tummy time - not his favorite, but he doesn't complain.
Kyle with his cousins, Maxwell & Caiden

I have been enjoying my time at home with my two young boys. Can't say little, because Will is a "big boy" and he will remind us of it (although sometimes we have to remind him). He continues to want to do everything himself. And when he says he can't do it, we say "of course you can, you can do anything" and if he does truly need help we'll sing a teamwork song and do it together.

My time at home with them has gone by so quickly although when I think of work it feels like I haven't been there in forever. I pop in the office occasionally to remind them who I am and that I will be back although they don't seem to believe me.

Will has been fortunate enough to go to Christine's house (his daycare provider) a few times over the last 2 months. He loves it there and it is a nice break for both of us. Each time I am reminded of how fortunate we are to have Christine and her family in our lives.

No comments: