Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard of 2010

As you may have seen on the news, we are getting a ton of snow in DC. I guess this is preparing us for the winter weather in Illinois. It was sort of fun being snowed in over the weekend. Will loved chasing the boys across the street with snowballs. We got to shovel, make & eat dinner by candlelight, snuggle by the fireplace. But now it is Wednesday, there is a layer of ice on the ground, we are running out of places to shovel the snow, and the winds are getting too strong to play outside.

Look at those icicles



I returned to work last Wednesday after my 12 week maternity leave. We all managed quite well even with the snow and Tommy in Las Vegas (for work). Both boys did beautifully at daycare. Christine raved at how peaceful Kyle is and insists we change his name to Micheal, St Micheal that is. Of course with the weather this week, I didn't make it into the office Monday or today. And low and behold, this is Tommy's last week in the Navy and government services have been closed all this week - not exactly how he planned ending his 11 year run.

Standing outside The History Channel TV series "Pawn Stars" in Vegas.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the moment:


Shaving with Daddy. The blade is facing out. I know, still scary.
Sleeping on the job.

Just having a snack.

No comments: